Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Official - Day 5







Today we officially adopted Grace. She is a Wade now! We went back to the office where we picked her up yesterday and she and the other children (even the older boy) became visibly distressed when we approached the building. They remembered it from yesterday. She was really warming up to us in the hotel room this morning, but being out all day has caused her to shut down again. She just leans up against us and stares or sleeps. This is normal behavior for a toddler who has been taken from all that is familiar. Thankfully she does still eat and uses the potty. I'm also thankful for the few happy moments that she had with Paul yesterday while I was out of the room doing paperwork and that he got it on video. I watched her smiling and laughing with him while she was napping today. We are supposed to go shopping in a little while, but I am not sure that we will go. I am really missing the boys, but they are having a good time with grandparents.

8 comments:

  1. Grace is so beautiful! This is so wonderful! I will pray for you all as you begin this new journey and for Grace that she adjusts well and travels home well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I love the picture of her holding the leg of her babydoll. How precious!!

    We're so blessed to witness this journey you are on with her. Still praying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and love seeing the joy that is overflowing from your hearts for your precious daughter!! Will keep praying for you as you all make this transition and I can't wait to meet little Miss Wade!! God is soooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, sweet girl. This transition all super normal. You have all been through so much the past few days.

    You are doing a great job, and she is beautiful beyond belief. Before you know it, there will be giggles galore. :)

    I'm praying for you!!!! Sooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for this time as you bring her home and everyone adjusts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cry every time I read your blog. My adoptive mom's heart is grieving along with you...adoption is so precious to God's heart, but it is such a representation of brokenness. Sweet Grace is being held in the hand of her creator and His love is transmitted to her through the loving arms of her new parents. Praying without ceasing for you as you embrace this beautiful journey of beauty from ashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm am praying for all of you through this transition. I loved watching the video! God is so good! What a beautiful little Wade!

    ReplyDelete