Wednesday, September 1, 2010

wo ai ni mommy

http://www.pbs.org/pov/woainimommy/

Did anyone happen to watch the PBS documentary last night about Chinese adoption? It was about Faith, who was adopted at age 8 from China. Paul and I watched together and I am still processing it. It was very well done, but parts of it were almost excruciating to watch because you feel so badly for her. She had a really tough time leaving behind all that was familiar and learning to live in a new place. It's a must see for anyone adopting internationaly, especially an older child.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that link. I watched the show this afternoon and it affected me deeply. I wish the mom could have been a bit more compassionate--a couple weeks in the US and she's saying to Faith "I can't help you if you won't tell me what's wrong!" The poor kid DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH YET!

    Still, they obviously love her and I think it was very telling that she told her foster sister not to worry, her new family would be nice.

    Good television!

    ReplyDelete