Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Randomness in Detroit.

*We were successful at the fingerprint office today!!! One BIG step closer to bringing our little girl home.

*The security guards at the place gave Paul a hard time.

*The lady at the desk was less than thrilled that we came early but was accommodating. She said we'd not be able to cut in front of anyone with an appointment. Ten minutes later we where the only people in the place and we got fingerprinted!!

* I was so nervous about going in without an appointment last night that I ate 3 bowls of Lucky Charms. I SO violated the rules of the healthy eating challenge I am in. I drove by a Weight Watchers office in Detroit and thought I should go in to have confession. Paul thinks I am crazy, he was cool as a cucumber.

*My hands were shaking when I put the address into the GPS so I entered the wrong address which took us a crazy way through Detroit. Paul was very patient when we realized we were at the wrong address and had to re enter it. I had to do deep breathing exercises. He asked me why I was so stressed. I told him I was working really hard not to stress, and he said "So, you are stressed about not stressing?"

* We saw a man driving a lawn mower down the road as if it where a car. I hope he was sober.

* Detroit is beautiful and ugly at the same time. It intrigues me. I love the architecture of the beautiful brick buildings, but they make me sad because they are empty and all the windows are broken out. The church buildings are breathtaking. I heard on the radio today that Detroit has gone from a city of 2 million to under 800,000 in the last fifty years. I would love to have seen it back in the day. It must have been something else. I wanted Paul to show me around Detroit, he declined.

*He did take me out to eat at a really cool Thai restaurant in an old brick building. It was delicious. I wanted to go eat Chinese to celebrate the successful fingerprints, but we didn't know of any good Chinese places to eat.

*After our successful fingerprints Paul asked me why I never believe him when he tells me not to stress, that it will be fine. I told him that cognitively I did trust him - I kept telling myself it would be fine, that God is in control, that His timing is perfect when everything goes as I would have it AND when it doesn't go my way. But I still acted like a total loon. I need to work on that.

*My awesome friend Mary schooled and watched my boys today, and they had a great time with her kids.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!!!! Love that you were successful at getting fingerprinted!!! Love your random thoughts!!! Love the time you were able to spend with your husband today and the memory your 'randomness' made - love every bit of it!! This post is life & it is sooo good - praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete