Sunday, August 29, 2010

What I don't always tell.................

I posted the last post kind of toungue in cheek. I meant it to be funny, and actually I really do say that when people ask. But my conscience has gotten the better of me. The truth is I did teach that many children (and at times more) and honestly, I think I did it well. But as Jodi or Shannon or anyone who worked with me will tell you, it wasn't easy - AT ALL. There where many times I complained and sometimes I even cried. I loved the job, but I didn't love it every minute of every day, and I made lots of mistakes. It's the same with homeschooling. I truly feel called to homeschooling (for many reasons maybe someday I'll get into that), and I think I do a decent job of it - I'm not going to give it up because we are adding another child to our home. But it isn't easy - AT ALL. As any of my homeschool buddies would tell I complain. As Paul would tell you, sometimes I cry. I love the job, but I don't love every minute of every day. And I make LOTS of mistakes. So by the grace of God I plan to homeschool five chidlren, and my prayer is that he will give me the wisdom and strength to do it well - and maybe I should be little more humber too :). Because, in my own strength and pride I would (and have) fallen flat on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment