Monday, August 30, 2010

Planning and the Next Thing on My List

I had a weekend to myself to plan for our school year while Paul and the boys spent time with Grandma. This was my 4th annual homeschool planning weekend. My friends Stacey and Deborah - fellow homeschoolers- joined me again to plan on part of the day Saturday. We had a great time eating, laughing, walking and planning. I spent the rest of the weekend in solitude, which was wonderful for a time, but I was really happy to see the men on Sunday afternoon. I seriously don't know how I could do it without these planning weekends it's amazing the thinking and praying and wrestling with decisions to be made that can happen when given some uninterupted quiet time. I felt like I finally had clarity on some issues that had been frustrating and stumping me for a very long time.

Now that I have delt with our upcoming school year I feel free to work on more adoption stuff. The next thing I need to focus on is filling out applications for grants. They are daunting for some reason, and I would appreciate your prayers. I have some beautiful necklaces that my sister made just for me to sell to help with adoption costs, and some other fund-raising ideas in the works. Through all the paperwork I don't want to forget that we have a very real little girl waiting for us in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment