Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gift of Grace

I've attempted to start this blog many times but for some reason or another I keep putting it off. Everyone knows that every good adoptive parent has a blog! I must be lacking. But, I do want to have something that I can read to remember this journey and something for Grace to read when she is older as well as away to keep friends and family informed. I am an open book most of the time, but for some reason sharing feelings and not just facts about this adoption has been difficult. Honestly, ten years later, reading the daily notes I was required to keep during our first adoption is difficult. Adopting makes you vulnerable in so many ways. I think I fear that if I show weakness I will be a poor representative of large, adoptive, homeschooling, southern transplant, strange families everywhere. But, the truth is I am weak. I don't deserve to be blessed with another child anymore than I deserve to be blessed with my four boys, my husband or my salvation. All of this is by God's grace - nothing that I did or can do. He is strong when I am weak. The further we get in this adoption the more I appreciate the significance of the name we chose for our daughter and the gift of abiding in God's grace.

1 comment:

  1. Very good points I'd never considered :) I think it's an awesome idea to do a blog-- but even if you'd still be a "good adoptive mom" even if you chose not to ;)

    ReplyDelete