Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

What a poor blogger I am! I wish I had more time/creativity/pictures to blog. Life has returned to a new normal and we are all doing well. Baseball has just began and Sam is doing really well. Joe just had his big orchestra performance of the year and is a yellow belt now in Karate. Will is getting ready to start baseball too and is excited. Ben is starting baseball and is nervous. All four boys are ready for summer. They are at a birthday party all day today, and it's weird not having them around. Grace is asleep, so Paul and I have a few moments of quiet. Grace is doing really well too. She got sick the weekend of Easter, and it was rough. I thought that she would enjoy having a mommy to snuggle her when she was sick, and I think in some ways she wanted to, but she still resists being held too close, and went back and forth between crying and wanting to be held, and crying and wanting to be alone. She settled for falling asleep on Baba's chest. Once we got some medicine in her and she felt better, she became her normal charming self. We got some precious video of her with Paul's grandpa who has Alzheimers. She likes to sing, and jump on the trampoline, and swing on the swingset. She still hates the grass.

I am excited about Mother's Day tomorrow, it is always a special day, and we go to eat at a wonderful spot for brunch after church every year. Paul always spoils me. I think I'm getting a good camera this year, so maybe I'll have some pictures for the blog!! Mother's Day is bittersweet too. Thinking about birth mothers who gave my children life, and me an amzing gift. The big question now of "Why?" that will never be answered. I'm glad I have some quiet today to reflect on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment