Sunday, August 28, 2011

Priorities

My greatest struggle as a mother has been keeping my proirities in the correct order. All the discipline problems not handled correctly, lack of patience and loss of tempers can be traced back to me losing focus. Taking my eyes off of God, my marriage and my kids and focusing on other things (or mixing up my first three priorities.)

Sometimes this happened because I was confused and misguided and chose things that were "good" and those things ended up keeping us from what was "best". Other times it was just me thumbing my nose up at holiness and doing what I wanted to do.

My prayer for this school year is that I would keep my focus where it should be, that I would chose wisely and carefully, and that my goals would be heavenly, not earthly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah...so happy to see beautiful Grace and hear all that she has accomplished since being home with you. Lily decded recently to walk in the grass too without crying..so funny that such a little thing is a gift for giving thanks. We think of you all often. Hope your new school year is one of balance and blessings. Hugs to you. Amy

    ReplyDelete