Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not "meant to be".

I'm not sure how to word this post. I've heard people use the words "meant to be" when describing an adoptive family. "They were meant to be yours." However I don't believe adoption was ever really meant to be. Death, sin, abandonment, loss, poverty, disease, starvation; none of these things were authored by God, or present before the fall of man. There is no adoption without circumstances that cause me to tremble when I, as a mother, think about them. I believe a better term would be beauty from ashes. Grace. God proving to us again and again that he restores what the locust have eaten. Thank you God for my children and the humbling and awesome privilege of being their mother.

2 comments:

  1. You brought tears to my eyes. Especially since Dan and I were so touched by the latest article in Readers Digest about the adopted twin sisters. The brief description of circumstance that leads to orphaning is heart-wrenching. I will continue prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete